Santa Fe Area Trail Conditions

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2019 3:13 pm  #1

Parking/Shuttle Bus

Summer rules are in effect from May 16 - October 16, 2019.

You may drive directly to the monument and into Frijoles canyon before 9 AM or after 3 PM.

Between 9 AM and 3 PM, visitors are required to take a shuttle bus from the White Rock visitor center to access the main visited area of Bandelier National Monument, including the visitor center, Main Loop Trail, and Falls Trail. Shuttles run approximately every 30 minutes weekdays, and 20 minutes weekends. Last shuttle leaves the Frijoles Canyon Visitor Center at 5 PM.

10/27/2019 8:46 pm  #2

Re: Parking/Shuttle Bus

Shuttle service is over for the year.  You can drive to and park at the Visitor Center.

12/09/2020 8:44 am  #3

I used to take the shuttle bus and I totally agree with your comments, you missed the shuttle bus then by the time you arrived at the 289k bus stop literally run to the bus stop, you have also missed the 289k, you then have to wait for 15-20 minutes.

12/11/2020 9:41 pm  #4

Could the shuttle bus schedule be altered to facility with the KMB route 289k, departing from University station to La Costa?

On numerous occasions I literally missed the 289k bus by a few seconds. Then I reverted to taking the shuttle bus, to my dismay, it also left simultaneously with 289k.

May I suggest altering the shuttle bus times either by bringing it 5 minutes forward or later?

That way we have more options with 289k and our shuttle bus.

Much appreciated

Cheers

6/06/2022 8:24 am  #5

Bus entry is again in effect for 2022.

Board footera