Santa Fe Area Trail Conditions

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2020 7:07 am  #1

Spring Trail Conditions

The trail is muddy, some packed snow in areas on Borrego, and a small stream of water is running down Bear Wallow.  Conditions are typical for Spring.  Micro spikes or yak tracks are optional for the conditions.  

Melissa Hayden

11/28/2020 5:29 pm  #2

Re: Spring Trail Conditions

Conditions are Icy and covering about 70 of the trail.  I would wait for a good layer of snow before trying them out.  Running 27.5x4.0 studded and was having issues.

4/23/2021 6:41 pm  #3

April 22 no snow,  dry perfect trail, creek is low level for April. My Watch said it’s 4.21 mi trail for the Borego Bear wallow loop,  maps say 3.85mi

12/23/2023 2:20 pm  #4

Up to 4-5” inches of snow pack with only a handful of patches of bare earth. Spikes were nice but not needed.

A fresh dusting on the trees, and all around a beautiful hike!

2/25/2024 4:58 pm  #5

Trails are snow covered. Most snow is crunchy. Some icy patches. A few soft spots. Snow very soft bordering the trails. Just a few other folks on the trail this morning. My wife and I both wore cleats. Our dog went without 😉. Beautiful hike!

Last edited by dedelstein (2/25/2024 4:59 pm)

Board footera